About Help the Kids Play
TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Committee Title:||Help the Kids Play|
|Chairperson:||As selected by Tottenham Oldtimers Executive Committee|
|Committee Membership Approval:||Chairperson of Help the Kids Play|
|Effective Date:||February 1, 2011|
|Next Review:||February 2012|
|Authority and Accountability||The Help the Kids Play (HTKP)
Committee is accountable and reports to the Tottenham
Oldtimers Slo-Pitch League Executive Committee.
|Mandate||Provide funding for registration
and/or equipment that will enable youth (under 18)
residing in the Tottenham and surrounding area to
participate in organized sports or other activities that
will enhance their personal growth and well-being.
|Value Statement||The HTKP Committee and its sponsor, the Tottenham Oldtimers Slo-Pitch League, believe that participation in
organized sports and other positive personal growth
activities are an essential component to the development
of the youth of our community.
|Objectives||1) Raise or secure sufficient monies
to fund all referrals or applicants to the program.
2) Assess referrals or applicants for funding while maintaining strict confidentiality.
3) Allocate monies as fairly and equitably as available funding allows.
4) Promote the HTKP Committee and its mandate to organized groups and social service organizations that could potentially refer applicants.
1) There will be a Chairperson selected by the Executive Board of the Tottenham Oldtimers Slo-Pitch League.
2) There will be three other members selected by the HTKP Chairperson.
3) The standing President of the Tottenham Oldtimer's Slo-Pitch League is an ex-officio member of the HTKP Committee.
The Chairperson may invite non-members to attend meetings for information sharing purposes.
|Frequency of Meetings||The Committee will meet at the call
of the Chairperson but at least six (6) occasions
annually. A minimum of three (3) members must be in
attendance to constitute a quorum.
|Record Keeping||1) The Chairperson will provide a
written financial summary indicating current income and
expenditures at each meeting.
2) Signing authority for cheques and other expenses shall be the Chairperson and one other person holding signing authority with the Tottenham Oldtimers Slo-Pitch League.
|Assessment of Applications||The Chairperson will review all
applicants and submit a proposal for funding to the
Committee members. At all times the confidentiality of
the applicant (s) will be maintained. The Committee will
decide the amount and term of any registration fees